Hope all is well. Since I’ve been home quite a bit due to my sick leave, I’ve had more time to be in the kitchen *also since my mom is away*. This week we wanted to try something different from our usual spread, so we remembered something my mom used to do in the past. TWICE BAKED POTATO ~ it’s easy and fun to make, because you can add all the things you’d want on a regular Baked/Loaded Potato.
Here we go:
Cream of Mushroom
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash Potatoes throughly then prick with a fork. Rub in vegetable oil and place in a baking dish. Bake for one hour or until tender, turning sides occasionally.
- Let potatoes cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice in half and scoop out the flesh/meat. Taking extra care not to scoop too hard to damage the skin/shell
- Place scooped out potato into a bowl; add butter, milk, sour cream, cream of mushroom, shredded cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic and onion powder. Then mash it all together till creamy.
- Carefully fill the skins with mixture and top with additional cheese.
- Place potatoes back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with your choice of toppings and ENJOY
P.S Feel free to add anything to your filling; this can include bacon, sweet peppers or broccoli for color. You can also top with more sour cream.
This was absolutely delicious, it was the right consistency of creamy plus the extra potato in the skin that didn’t get scooped out.