Happy New Year! May this year bring new happiness, new goals, new achievements, and a lot of new inspirations on your life. I wanted to do a quick recap of how my blog performed last year before diving into any new content. Over the years the number of posts I published on my blog has decreased due to many different reasons, ending the year at 24 posts. Interestingly enough, my views did a complete opposite and almost doubled in numbers. The beginning of the pandemic is when I also saw a surge in monthly views and for the first time ever almost averaging 3K views. Today I’ll share my readers favourite posts, blog milestones, my favourite posts and personal events.
Your Favourite Posts
These are the top 5 posts on my blog for 2020 based on views.
1/ Product Review: Taliah Waajid Green Apple & Aloe Curl Elixir
Lately, my product reviews have been getting quite a bit of love so I can’t say this is surprising. I really loved this product and thought it worked well with my hair. I have since finished this product and didn’t repurchase it because I have lots of other products to test out. #productjunkie
2/ Local Christmas Gift Guide: 32 Antiguan Small Businesses to Support
I’m really happy about the amount of traction and feedback this post got, especially given how last minute it was. Hopefully we’ll have a longer list by this Christmas with more goodies.
3/ Gemini Naturals – Temporary Hair Colour Gel on Type 4 Hair Review
When temporary hair colour was the wave, I needed to test it out for myself. One trend I enjoyed being a part of because I still don’t think I’d ever permanently colour my hair. It also gave me an appreciation for coloured hair, although I didn’t try any extravagant colours.
4/ 10 Things You Can Do To Level Up Your Life
It was during the first quarter of 2020 and just about the same time we were going into lockdown, so I decided to share a little inspiration for others who may have felt “trapped”. Most of the suggestions could also be done virtually and are still applicable today so check it out if you missed it.
5/ University Regrets: What I Wish I Did & How To Avoid My Mistakes
December 2020 would have made 5 years since I graduated from university, therefore I was doing some reflecting and wanted to share in hopes of inspiring other college students/prospects.
- Surpassed 50K views on the blog; 24K of which were made in 2020
- November 2020: 2,962 views. Highest amount of views I ever received in a month. Only started gaining more than 2,000 views per month consistently from May 2020
- Top Blog Post ever is currently at 7.5K views, that is my review on the Aztec Clay mask
- The number of visitors almost doubled in size from 9,230 (in 2019) to 16,825 (in 2020)
- My top referrer is Google!! So I know my SEO is working. This is how almost 10K people found my blog. Second is Pinterest with 5.6K; admittedly I fell off on this platform BIG TIME last year.
- Top 10 countries where my viewers are from: USA, Antigua and Barbuda, United Kingdom, Canada, Jamaica, South Africa, Anguilla, Nigeria, India and France.
my favourite posts
These are my favourite posts that I enjoyed writing.
1/ Staycation Weekend – The Escape at Nonsuch
More staycations please! I enjoyed these two days so much and happy this was my choice for my birthday weekend. My vlog on Youtube is also my top video for the year (aka ever).
2/ I Wore Press On Nails for 1 Week – The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
This was a first for me and I definitely learned from the experience. I actually purchased another set which I have yet to put on, but look out for it soon!
3/ The Content Creation Process – From Concept to Content
After receiving multiple questions about how I create content I finally decided to start a series sharing insights and tips into my process. Sadly, this was the only post that made it up in 2020 so we’ll try to make up for it this year.
2021 Blog Goals
- A PAID PARTNERSHIP! – I’ve been doing this for quite sometime and growing as a result of it, so I think it’s time we see some sponsored posts on the blog.
- Wider Caribbean Audience – They are present but not in large numbers. According to my stats, my audience is quite diverse but I’d love to see more Caribbean islands in the top numbers.
- Brand Expansion – We want to make this a complete brand and start offering services, no matter how small it may be. I also want to showcase my other work, sell digital products and maybe even merchandize. Big goals, haha but we’ll see how it goes (I need to see a return on investment with this!)
- Let’s get to 100K views!
- A proper and CONSISTENT blog posting schedule. One point in time I tried to aim for weekly posts and the was not achievable, so I’ll let you know about this one.
- Guests posts? An idea I’ve toyed with so stay tuned or if you’re interested, shoot me a message.
I made a Youtube video summing this up and I’d love for you to check it out.
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time out to read, comment, like and share my blog posts. It is really appreciated and the feedback keeps me going. I hope you continue to stick around for the journey and further growth of this platform!
6 responses to “2020 Year in Review:Blogging in an Unexpected Year”
Congrats on a lovely 2020 where ATBA is concerned! Best wishes to you in 2021 and beyond 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thanks hun!! Wishing you the best as well! 🤗
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love all of this for you. You’re going to do great things in 2021!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank youuuu!! 🤗
Congrats on your growth! You can only go up in 2021.
LikeLiked by 3 people
Thank you! 🎊
LikeLiked by 1 person