Back again with another quick and easy meal. As usual a spur of the moment, so I used what I currently had on hand. It was a Thursday night and after a week of eating heavily prepared meals, it was time for some “junk”! I present to you my quick take on a Fried Chicken Burger with Guacamole. Let me tell you now, guacamole makes everything 10 times better.
Suggestion: Use your own discretion as you prepare measurements. I only used two chicken thighs which I cut in half, giving me four pieces of chicken.
Fried Chicken –
- Season chicken and marinate overnight, if you wish
- In a small bowl, beat egg and mix in milk
- Heat oil/turn on fryer (I used a deep fryer for this)
- Coat chicken in egg/milk mixture, then place into bag with seasoned flour
- Shake off excess flour and place into fryer
- Fry chicken for < 5 mins, or until golden brown and flipping to get both sides
- In a small bowl, mash diced avocado with fork
- Combine all other ingredients listed above to the avocado mixture
Toast bread, layer chicken and guacamole mixture then serve!
I used chicken thighs because I prefer them over breasts and they didn’t get dry. The chicken had the right crunch to it, while the guacamole mixture added a creamy texture.
It was quite enjoyable!