It’s been awhile since you saw a food post, huh? Well, I’m still here in the kitchen whipping it up every now and again. Of course it is midweek, no more Sunday leftovers and you come home from work/school looking for something easy to do; well have no fear 30 minute meals are here! *lol, too corny?*
P.S I don’t do measurements and usually eyeball everything; I’m sure you can figure it out.
- First, I sliced my carrots and broccoli into thin pieces then stir fried them in a little butter. Placed them in a bowl afterwards.
- I added a little more butter to the pan and sautéed some onions along with my seasoned shrimp until they were slightly pink.
- With the shrimp remaining in the pan, I added some chili sauce (from Trader Joe’s) and a little bit of water to loosen the sauce.
- I readded my vegetables, sprinkled a little bit of asian seasoning then let everything simmer for a bit. Not too long, because you don’t want overcooked shrimp!
- To go with my meal I opted for Penne Pasta which I put to boil before I even started the shrimp.
- Voila! You’re done and you can even save some for lunch the next day.
The trick is in prepping everything needed before you start as well as multitasking. You can also opt out of shrimp if you have chicken breast readily defrosted.
What are some of your favorite 30 minute and under meals to prepare?