Back in the kitchen yet again! Let’s face it, I enjoy cooking, but detest washing the dishes after. I love finding new things to experiment with and I got to thank PINTERST for that. As a quick meal for after work or school I decided on shrimp for the meat; with a simple search and there were so many options. HONEY ORANGE FIRECRACKER SHRIMP spiked my interest and taste buds.
1 1/2 Pounds Shrimp
Seasonings (Black pepper, salt, garlic and onion powder)
1 Cup Cornstarch
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
3 Tbsps Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Honey
1 Tsp Orange Marmalade
2 Tbsps Orange Juice
1 Tsp Sriracha Sauce
- Peel and devein shrimp; season with salt, black pepper, garlic and onion powder
- Coat shrimp in cornstarch and set aside
- In a small bowl whisk together ingredients for the sauce until combined
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook shrimp 2-3 on each side or until crisp
- Drain on a plate (no paper towels)
- Drain the oil and add the sauce to the pan, place shrimp in sauce and toss to combine
- This shouldn’t take long to thicken so keep an eye on it (10 – 15 secs)
- Add green onions/sesame seeds for garnish and serve
I decided to pair mine with some spaghetti and stir-fried vegetables. You can swap the shrimp for any meat of your choice and I also believe this would go very well with white rice.
Tell me what you think!!