Weekend Getaway // What’s in my bag?

Hey Guyyysss

Guess what’s this weekend……..Easter “holiday”

That means it’s a long weekend (no work Friday and Monday). However, that doesn’t matter to me, but for those employed *yay!*
This is my first Easter weekend being home since 2012; usually we (my family and I) go camping on one of the neighboring islands. However I felt like doing something different this year, so my best friend and I decided to go to Montserrat!
It was probably her idea initially and I just jumped at the opportunity. =)

Weekend Getaway

Traveling means new postssss so be on the look out for those in the upcoming days, but to get it all started let’s check out what I’m walking with.
First off I’m allowed two bags anything more and we gotta pay.
Did I mention we were traveling via a ferry? *can’t wait to give a review*

Empire FOX sad scared feels empire GIF

Before you start packing for a weekend trip you should have an idea or plan of all the activities you’re going to be doing. Montserrat is a small island known for its volcano as well as hiking trails, so our activities will definitely include site-seeing of all sorts.

So what do we need?

Packing for such a short trip may include mix and matching items if you haven’t already coordinated outfits. However, there’s also the possibility of unplanned events so you always gotta be prepared. Versatile shoes are key as well, and makes for more space in your bag.

SHOES

sneakers + sandals

SWIMSUITSย

(of course I have like 5)

CLOTHINGย

jeans, shorts, tops (day/night), dress (LBD), sleepwear

TOILETRIES
deodorant, toothbrush, razor, comb/brush, makeup

ACCESSORIES

sunnies, caps, jewelry, backpack/crossbody

ELECTRONICS

portable + wall charger, camera

There you have it! All that’s really needed for a weekend getaway of exploring an island. We’ll see how it all works out!

What do you pack in your bag for a weekend trip?

blog-signature

13 Comments Add yours

1. Dianne says:

I’m horrible at packing, this helps A LOT! Gracias!!!

Liked by 1 person

1. astoldbyali says:

Happy to help! โ˜บ

2. The Monday Project says:

I love packing and lists and travelling and some more lists! Looking forward to the posts about your trip and have a great time! Xx

Kirsty | The Monday Project | themondayproject.co.uk

Liked by 1 person

1. astoldbyali says:

Thank you! I can’t wait to experience & share then with you guys ๐Ÿ˜Š

3. I’m such an early packer when I go on holiday that I always end up with nothing to wear for like a week before I go haha! Montserrat sounds SO cool, I can’t wait to see what you get up to!

Liked by 1 person

1. astoldbyali says:

Lol that’s what I feel would happen to me as well! I can’t wait to see either, stay tuned ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒธ

4. I find that when I pack for anything I also leave it to legit the last second and always forget something. Guides like this are really helpful for planning!

Liked by 1 person

1. astoldbyali says:

Yes! Until you still feel like there’s something you’re forgetting ๐Ÿ˜ง

5. I find packing to go away really fun and quite therapeutic haha, pretty sure I am the only one! Lovely post.

Aliceย | alicemaysnell

Liked by 1 person

6. I love packing and always find myself making lists and starting to pack DAYS in advance. It’s just so much less stressful! In fact, I’m going away in 2 weeks and my mum and I have already started to talk about what I need to take! Great post ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

Liked by 1 person

1. astoldbyali says:

Lol, that’s good! I’m such a procrastinator so last minute works for me. Even though I feel like imma forget something, but I made a list so I should be good! ๐Ÿ˜