I got this post idea based on a vlog I watched on YouTube. It was from RavenElyse, where she did a ‘About a Year ago’ tag. Some of the questions dealt with her YouTube video posts, but since I’m not a youtuber I decided to switch up some things.
Biggest Accomplishment of 2014
One of my biggest accomplishments for the year would have to be how well I’ve gotten over my shyness. Well, I haven’t lost it 100%, but it’s definitely better than previous years. This might not seem like a big deal to some of you, but my shyness was on another level, as a result it caused me to miss out on a lot of opportunities. However, this year thanks to my close friends and roommate I went out more and made new friends who have grown on me. I’ve also found new things I enjoy doing, and it has helped me in growing as a person as well as “finding myself”.
Another accomplishment that happened this year is the completion of my junior year in university. If you were my friend you’d know why this is an accomplishment. There is not one day of the week that I have not complained about dropping out of school, changing my major, or just buying a ticket and returning home. I have to say, university life has definitely been one of my toughest decisions, but it really is a learning process. Not only with school life, but college life on a whole. Don’t get me wrong though, it may be hard sometimes, but it’ll be worth it in the end!
Best Memory of 2014
Ahhhh a next biggie!! Well, my best memory of 2014 involves the first time I went to a strip club. It’s not the best because of where I was, but how fun the night was, the people I met and the relationships I happened to build after. Strange place for all of that to happen, don’t ya think? I keep thinking to myself that night really changed my life. To think of it I never even wanted to go out, because of the relationship I was in but by the end of the night/morning I was happy I did. That night was probably the beginning of me opening up to people, and not being as shy.
Biggest Obstacle of 2014
Okay, I’m about to start sounding like a stick record!! I have social anxiety or I’m socially awkward! However you wanna say it! I don’t do well in big gatherings. So, the fact that I’m a university student and my roomie is the complete opposite of me I would be dragged to parties or gatherings. Therefore, my biggest obstacle was attempting to get over my shyness. It’s getting better though! I’m not sure what else was really an obstacle this year. Maybe finishing the semester strong and having doubts along the way. That was hard!
Regrets of 2014
Once read a quote somewhere that said something along the lines of …. “At one point in time it was exactly what you wanted, therefore you can’t have any regrets!” Something to that effect, so where as some people may regret doing something, or getting into relationships, illegal activities or whatever else, I have none. Perhaps the only regrets I have are not doing the things I wanted to because I was too scared/shy!! That’s gonna change though.
Most Memorable Phrases
Yaaaaasss B*tch! I don’t even know where that came from, but I love saying yasssss in a real ratchet voice. Hell, I don’t even know where half of these slangs/phrases come from, but the ones i like are:
– FLEEK – Eyebrows on fleek!! *mine never are though*; outfit on fleek; and the latest Pretty on Fleek!! Come to think of it I have never used this word on any of my IG captions.
– LIT – I don’t even know if this was a 2014 phrase or not, but I was killin’ it! This party boutta be lit !!
– OR NAH – you mad or nah? you gonna drink that or nah? we going to the party or nah? Yes, there was a period in time when this was also my thing.
Okay, instead of making this any longer, no more examples lol. Some other phrases i liked are “Slay”, and “Bye Felicia”.
Most Embarrassing Moment
Oh noooo. Ummm let’s see! This is where 12 months feel hella long to reminisce on and come up with one moment!! However, I tend to get tipsy and do the most at parties so maybe one of those were my most embarrassing moments. I don’t know!!
Well, I think I learnt quite a few here and there.
– First of all, NOT EVERYONE CAN BE TRUSTED. Ya’ll probably knew this one though, but obviously I’m way too naive! Basically not everyone you meet has the same heart as you, and they definitely do not have the same intentions. So I learned I need to be extra selective when trusting people, and extra careful who I share information with. 2014 made me realize guys gossip wayy more than girls, yes I said it.
– Secondly, I learned to be my own motivation. After rejoining the single life this year I realized I didn’t have many motivators to help me get through this college life as everyone else did. So my room became full of sticky notes, and my eraser board full of positive messages. I did anything I could to keep my motivation up, because I’m not a quitter.
– I’ll drop one more just to make it complete, as J. Cole said “Love Yours; ain’t no life that’s better than yours.” I’ve spent a lot of time dreaming and imagining my life as someone else, but in reality it’s never going to be that way. Learnt to appreciate what I had, and realized that I’m me, I’m unique, and there isn’t anyone else like me. I probably have something someone else wants, so why waste time trying to be someone else.
Goals for 2015
My favorite part! Well second favorite, because I started writing these a while back.
1. Become a responsible adult. I’m growing up, and I’m soon done with college, time to stop depending on my parents, and become an independent young lady.
2. Following no. 1 : GET A JOB. Sad enough to say I never had a real job, but I think I’m ready to work part-time and make my own money.
3. Aiming for the 4.0 for my senior year; it might not mean much, but I would really like to graduate with honors, and hopefully this year makes the difference in my GPA.
4. Budget. This is a toughy for me, because I do not know how to save! Shopping plus food, plus other material things always wow me, and I could go overboard.
5. Keep in touch with family and friends. I have the worst habit of not checking in or messaging people, and that has to change. Nothing lasts forever, here one day gone a next.
6. Be in control of my own happiness.
7. Keep up with the gym and finally start yoga.
8. Continue finding my purpose.
What I’m looking forward to in 2015
In 2015 I’m looking forward to two big things and anything else life has in store! Firstly, I’M TURNING 21 !! Yes, I’m finally going to be legal all over the world. S/O 1994 borns! Secondly, I’M GRADUATING December 2015 once everything goes as planned I get to walk across the big stage with a Bachelors of Science Degree! Ohh there’s one more, learning to drive!!!
Advice for the Future
I had this section all planned out, but now I’m trying to get this post up while getting ready to go out. So basically anything I mentioned previously, watch who you trust, believe in yourself, stay true to yourself, don’t let anything get in the way of what you want to do. Lastly, just enjoy life and don’t over think it. It goes by fast, so live it while you can.
Much love guys, and I hope your New Years Eve is as awesome as you!! ❤