August is finally over *after countless weeks* & we have four months left in 2017 which I really want to make count.
So it’s a new month, and I’ve started to think about what I actually want to accomplish with my blog going forward. The mission of my blog has always been the same: “To Inspire” and I intend to keep it that way.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
This won’t change much, you’ll still see:
- Food: In My Kitchen + #EatOuts
- Adventure/Island life: Traveling, partying and any other activity i do here in Antigua or abroad
- Inspiration: Let’s Talk + Motivation Monday
With the addition of:
- Blog Help: As I discover new ways to improve my blog I’d share them with you *it may or may not be new to you, but it may help someone*
- In your 20s: This may factor into the inspiration headline, but we all know how stressful this decade can get. I’ll talk about my experiences and what I’ve been learning thus far.
- Guest Posts: Collaborating with other bloggers or maybe an interview I do with someone because I want to share their story about a particular topic.
I want to finally self-host my blog and get rid of the long url name as well as have more freedom to change the layout as i like. So all that will include:
- New theme
- Editing my header/logo
- New pictures or prints
- Editing side bar (descriptions, links etc)
So those are basically my blog goals for the upcoming months. However I don’t want to completely disappear as I have posts in the pipeline for the next two months. There’s also the possibility of things popping up which I just have to share. So I’ll be attempting to make changes while still posting and hopefully everything will be set by January 2018. If you have any recommendations on hosting sites or where to find a theme, let me know!
*Wish me luck*
Do you have any blog goals you want to accomplish before the year is over?
In Other News
- Work – I don’t know about ya’ll but this month is jam-packed!! It’s about to be hectic. I also travel this month so look out for posts about my trip depending on how it goes.
- Personal – I really want to invest in a camera, but I also need a new phone *We’ll see how that goes*. I’m also hoping to get back into designing on Adobe Illustrator. Lastly, it’s been in my head for months now of themes for a photo shoot. Maybe I can get one done before the year is over.
Outside of that, if you guys have been listening to the news you’ll know that Hurricane Irma has chance of affecting the Leeward Islands in the Caribbean. F.Y.I. that’s where I am. It’s also expected to be a category 4 by the time it’s near us; that’s the same intensity that just hit south Texas and we all know what happened/is happening there.
We CANNOT take a storm right now, especially with that intensity. As of today the latest update was it will still be a category 4 storm and could pass within 50 miles close to us. Let us hope with the coming days Mother Nature works with us and Irma diverts a bit away from us or decreases with intensity.
Hope everyone has a great month and an even better end to 2017!!